The salty cheese flavour and the heat from the chili peppers drew us to Art-is-in Boulangerie’s Dynamite Cheddar, Chive & Jalapeño Baguette on first bite.
However, when fresh bakery bread is NOT loaded with preservatives, how do you enjoy that fresh bakery taste with every bite? This is a common problem for a small family.
Luckily for us, when the temptation arises, we have been enjoying our favourite Art-is-in Boulangerie Dynamite baguette at a moment’s notice. We have found that the bread freezes very well, and we like having a sandwich portion on the ready to just toast up with butter and jam or to transform into a veggie packed panini.
Let me share with you how we maximize our Art-is-in Boulangerie Dynamite baguette experience right here at home.
The 2 foot loaf is $5.00 + tax. If I am lucky to pick up a stick at the end of the day, I only pay half price.
As soon as I get it home, I divide the stick into 8 pieces, tuck it into a freezer bag, release the air, then slip it into the freezer. Each sandwich portion works out to be approximately 70 cents – 35 cents if you were able to get the loaf at half price! Either way, it’s a good price for a quality 3″ x 5″ slice of Art-is-in.
A piece thaws quickly on the counter. I wait to cut it in half just before using as this keeps it at its freshest.
If I am going to toast it first, I use the ‘Bagel’ setting on my toaster. This allows for an even toasting on the inside and a gentle warming on the outside. I want to be careful not to burn that cheesy goodness.
Is it worth it to put in the extra effort up front? You bet! It guarantees us a fresh baked experience with every bite! It ends up being a great solution for our small family.
SUMMARY OF TIPS FOR DYNAMITE BAGUETTES:
- Shop at Art-is-in Boulangerie the hour before closing (5 – 6 pm), and buy bread at half price, if you are willing to gamble on selection
- Freeze loaf right away. Well, maybe after sampling! (freezes very well and also thaws very quickly).
- Before freezing, slice bread into eight 3″ sections to have sandwich-size portions on the ready anytime
- Cut sandwich portion in half just before using in order to maximize freshness
- Toast using the Bagel setting – this toasts the inside and warms the cheesy outside
- Prepare with love and inhale
- Green tip: Keep emptied freezer bag in the freezer and refill when a new loaf comes home
Do you have a favourite Art-is-in Boulangerie bread?
250 City Center Avenue, unit 112 (access from Scott St., just west of Preston)
Facebook: Art-is-in Bakery
Tues to Fri: 7 am – 6 pm
Sat: 8 am – 4 pm
Sun: 10 am – 3 pm